Consumers are using their spending power to effect change. They are purchasing products and services that are created sustainably. Your company can save money by adopting these sustainable practices into daily operations.
Instead of throwing away your old electronics when upgrading your business, you can:
- Find a company with a buyback program and receive cash for your old products
- Donate old electronics to 501(c)(3) organizations as a charitable contribution and get a tax break
- Recycle toner cartridges at stores such as Office Max, Walmart, Walgreens, and Best Buy
Lower utility bills
Implementing LED lights is one of the easiest ways to slash your electric bill. If the bulbs are used 8 hours a day, they can last up to 17 years! This will reduce your spending and waste production with its long life span.
Money is being lost every time someone flushes a toilet or washes their hands at your business. Consider purchasing low-flow water fixtures for your sinks and toilets. Less water is being wasted while the pressure levels remain the same as a traditional appliance.
Do you provide your employees with company vehicles? To efficiently commute keep these tips in mind:
- Provide a well-planned path for employees to take their routes on to reduce the amount of gas the cars are using
- Find vehicles with efficient gas mileage
- Consider investing in an electric or hybrid cars
If your business doesn’t supply company cars, encourage employees to carpool, walk, bike, or use public transportation to get to work.
By resisting the urge to purchase the newest products or services, you can reduce the amount of waste generated by your business. If your business purchases do not add value to the company, don’t buy them. Try setting a budget if you are still struggling with this. PL Consulting can help you with budgeting and planning if you need it.
Provide reusable products
Offer your customers and employees reusable products. This creates stronger relationships with the people that value sustainability. Consider making these changes:
- Install water dispensing systems instead of one-time-use water bottles
- Provide reusable bags instead of plastic bags
- Give away reusable promotional products instead of paper products
Save your business money
Saving money while running a sustainable business isn’t as difficult as it seems and has many advantages. Consumers are more likely to support your business. The community will be less polluted. It just takes a few adjustments, and over time your actions will become habits.
PL Consulting can help with saving your business even more money through budget planning and forecasting. This can also help when purchasing pricy sustainable products that will generate revenue in the long run.
Serving the Baltimore area for several years, we are dedicated to providing customized service to fit each one of our client’s unique needs.
Please contact us at (410)-764-3731 or at https://plcfo.com/contact/ for questions or to book an appointment.